Spiders are fascinating creatures that play an important role in the ecosystem. However, not everyone is a fan of these eight-legged creatures. For many people, the mere presence of spiders can cause anxiety and even fear. Fortunately, nature provides us with a way to keep spiders at bay without harming them – plants that repel spiders.
Here are some plants that can help keep spiders away:
1. Peppermint: Spiders hate the smell of peppermint. Planting peppermint around your home is a natural way of repelling the arachnids.
2. Eucalyptus: The strong scent of eucalyptus oil works as a spider repellent. Planting a eucalyptus tree near your home can help keep spiders away.
3. Lavender: Lavender is known for its relaxing scent. However, it also has spider-repelling properties. Planting lavender around windows and doorways can help keep spiders out.
4. Citronella: Citronella is commonly used to repel mosquitoes, but it is also effective against spiders. Planting citronella plants or using citronella essential oil can keep spiders at bay.
5. Lemon balm: Lemon balm has a citrusy scent that spiders don’t like. Planting lemon balm around the perimeter of your home can reduce the number of spiders in your living space.
6. Garlic: Spiders are deterred by the smell of garlic. Planting garlic around your home can help keep spiders away, and it has the added benefit of repelling other pests.
7. Catnip: While catnip attracts cats, it repels insects and spiders. Planting catnip around your home can help keep spiders away, but be prepared for some feline visitors.
Apart from these plants, there are a few other things you could do to keep spiders away. Keeping your home clean and clutter-free can help remove spider habitats. Regularly sweeping and vacuuming can also help remove spider webs and egg sacs.
Overall, planting spider-repelling plants is a natural and effective way of keeping spiders away. Not only are they safe for you and your pets, but they also add beauty to your surroundings. Give these plants a try, and see if they make a difference in keeping spiders at bay.