Spiders are one of the creepy crawlies that a majority of people fear. Spiders may not be harmful to humans, but their web-making and fast movements are enough to make anyone scream in fear. If you’re tired of spiders creeping into your home, then it’s time to arm yourself with the right spider killers. Here are ten spider killers to keep your home free from creepy crawlers.
1. Peppermint Essential Oil: Spiders hate the smell of peppermint. Simply mix 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil with water and spray it around your home, especially around cracks and corners.
2. Vinegar: Vinegar is another natural spider killer as its smell repels spiders. Mix vinegar with water and spray around your home, especially in areas where spiders are likely to hide.
3. Chestnuts: Believe it or not, chestnuts are said to keep spiders away. Simply place a few chestnuts in the corners of your home to keep spiders at bay.
4. Citrus Peels: Spiders hate the smell of citrus. Place citrus peels in areas where spiders tend to hang out, such as window sills.
5. Cedar Oil: Cedar oil is a natural insect repellent, including spiders. Mix cedar oil with water and spray around your home.
6. Diatomaceous Earth: Diatomaceous earth is a natural powder that kills spiders by drying them out. Simply sprinkle around your home, especially in areas where spiders may be hiding.
7. Sticky Traps: Sticky traps are a great way to catch spiders. Simply place the traps around your home, and spiders will get stuck in the adhesive.
8. Ultrasonic Pest Repellers: Ultrasonic pest repellers emit a sound that only pests can hear, including spiders. The sound is said to keep them away from your home.
9. Insecticides: Insecticides can be an effective way to kill spiders, but make sure to use them safely and according to the instructions on the label.
10. Vacuum: Finally, one of the simplest ways to get rid of spiders in your home is to vacuum them up. Make sure to empty the vacuum bag or canister outside to avoid letting them back into your home.
In conclusion, spiders can be scary, but there are numerous ways to keep them out of your home. You can use natural spider killers like peppermint essential oil, vinegar, and citrus peels, or opt for more traditional methods like insecticides and sticky traps. Whatever method you choose, make sure to be safe and vigilant in keeping your home spider-free.